Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Charlie Munger Lecture at the Harvard-Westlake School

From Santangel's Review
For the past several years I have had in my possession a video of a talk that Munger gave in January 2010 at the Harvard-Westlake School in California. In it, he diagnoses the various groups of professionals and academics whose cognitive failings contributed to the financial crisis. It is classic Munger – insightful, funny, and just dead-on. As far as I know this presentation has only been seen by a handful of people. I have transcribed the talk and decided to share it with the community. It has been lightly edited for clarity and I have removed the comments by the moderator Jim Gibson to focus soley on Munger. If you would like to view the actual video, it has been available for sale in the past at the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting.
Munger Talk at Harvard-Westlake